Question

HP K8600 Mac Printer Issue

By philldmc ·
Dear All,

I need some advice, a bit frustrated here...

I have an HP Officejet Pro K8600. This printer works perfectly fine on any Windows platform computer. However, when I plug the HP into a MAC (OS 10.5. computer I start to have issues. I do have the latest drivers. I've unstilled and reinstalled the drives.

I can print using the HP utilities with in the MAC OS, a alignment page, a diag page, configuration page, etc, however if I try to print any type of document or page I get a "paper jam" or "load paper." The MAC will display the error message via the HP utility and LED lights blink on the printer. I can reset the printer, print an configuration page via the utility. Try to print anything else, paper jam..

Any help would be great!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

try using

by Sue T In reply to HP K8600 Mac Printer Issu ...

a different driver. I work in a school and with some of the HP printers I have to actually set it up to use a cups driver. I am not on a mac right now so I can't give you the exact name of the driver but I believe it is about 1/2 way down the list. there are several and I can't remember exactly which one it is. Also I have found that if you are printing to it via IP then when you install the printer on the mac you have to choose the HP Jet Direct Socket. I hope this helps.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)