Question

hp laserjet 2500

By bnalbandian ·
I am working on a lj 2500- the print outs are
light and faded on the left side(approx. 2 inches) Black,magenta,cyan are faded but yellow
appears fine. I tried a new drum with the same result.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

what about the toners

by ashij In reply to hp laserjet 2500

It might not be the drum, have you checked if the toner units for each color is clean or not. You can use a toner cloth to clean them.
Make sure you use separate toner cloth for every toner, otherwise, you might get into trouble.

HTH

- Ash

Collapse -

try a new fuser

by The Scummy One In reply to hp laserjet 2500

while normally I would think the drum here, it has been replaced. If you have a different fuser to test with, try it as well.
Worst case is the laser is going out although this is very rare, but toner and fuser would be the next steps.

Collapse -

RE: LJ2500

by mjd420nova In reply to hp laserjet 2500

This sounds like a corona wire has become disconnected or the disipation tray has gotten warped. The corona wire is usually mounted in a shallow tray at the bottom of the paper path. The disipation tray is usually after the corona wire and usually has a saw toothed edge. This is used to disipate the static charge placed on the paper to get the toner particles to adhere to the page. This tray most commomly gets bent or the teeth get folded over when care is not taken clearing a paper jam.

Back to Peripheral Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)