General discussion

HP LaserJet 4200

By sm-honeycutt ·
Have a client that has an HPLJ 4200 series printer that he claims is pausing between each page being printed. 45 days ago he had a new PM kit installed (Preventative Maintenance) and just recently I talked him through uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

He claims to be still having the problem. Anyone have another idea what might fix this, if there is a pause between printing.

Personally, I'm beginning to wonder if he's just impatient or if there's an issue with the charging mechanism? (I know some inscrupulous technicians will recycle PM Kits to save on cost.)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by lmayeda In reply to HP LaserJet 4200

Do the pauses occur regardless of what is being printed? Does it behave the same if it is printing a 10 page word document or 10 autocad diagrams? Did the problem start since the installation of the PM kit? Is the printer configured to print directly to printer or finish spooling first or ???? Does it matter which PC is instigating the print jobs? Is it an HP4200N or HP4200?

Collapse -

by blarman In reply to HP LaserJet 4200

I work as a contractor for a certain major printer manufacturer, and happen to have one of those (the 4200) sitting on my desk. If you are getting pauses. I can suggest a couple of alternatives, but I have a diagnostic if those don't work.
First, the application: do you see the same behavior when printing word processing as from an ERP application?
Second, open the spooler and see if the printer is being sent a lot of one-page jobs or several multi-page jobs. If the problem is independent of the pages, its probably a printer issue.

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)