Question

HP laserjet 4200 printer queue issues

By househunting66 ·
I have a HP laserjet 4200 series conected to the LAN. One of my users calls and says the printer isnt printing. i go and take a look and i see that it has the blinking light from the cat 5 cable, everything is plugged in. i looked under printers and faxes and i see it, i look in the print queue and i notice there is a job that wont print i try to right click on it and cancel the job but it wont let me. im thinking i am going to have to log on with my admin account to get it out of there but do i just login with my admin account and do a right click and cancel or will it just go away? and if that is deleted will this shop beable to print?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Using a Print Server?

by Kenone In reply to HP laserjet 4200 printer ...

Or just IP printing?

Collapse -

Print Server

by househunting66 In reply to Using a Print Server?

Print Server

Collapse -

Sometimes they will hang

by IC-IT In reply to HP laserjet 4200 printer ...

If you have the admin password, you could do a runas on services.msc
Stop the print spool, delete the job, and restart the spool service.
Of course as was mentioned, this only helps if there is no server print spool.

Collapse -

Settings

by Kenone In reply to HP laserjet 4200 printer ...

To clear the current job you'll probably have to go on the print server stop the spool service, delete the job from the spool32 directory, then restart the spool service. Check the settings on the workstation, is the ws spooling the print jobs? You want only one machine spooling print jobs either the ws or the printserver, choice is yours. I prefer to let the print server do it.

Back to Peripheral Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)