General discussion

HP Laserjet 8100 DN

By vishal6480 ·
I have a network printer HP Laserjet 8100 DN connected to a server having 50 users.The printer had a problem,somebody had given print of about 1000 pages but that printing job could not be cancelled neither by memory resetting or removing the RAM & reinserting it. I have tried by changing the IP address of the printer still it does not work when I connect that printer it still continues to give the same print.How can I know from whose PCs that print was given & how to cancel it or is it due to virus

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dRb63 In reply to HP Laserjet 8100 DN

With HP printers you can do a "Cold" reset by powering down the printer and then hold down the "Go" button while powering on. Keep holding down the button until you see the "Cold Reset" on the display. This should cancel the job. But, once you perform a cold reset you'll need to reconfigure the printer.

Collapse -

by plictech In reply to HP Laserjet 8100 DN

Try using the cancel button on the printer. Or you can try going into the resets menu option on the printer and reset the memory, and reset all active I/O channels. Also you might want to check the spool folder on the server that has the print queue for this printer. Look for the .spl files. -usually in %systemroot%/system32/spool/xxxxxxx folder(s) Right click on a spl file, then select the security tab, then select the owner tab. This should show you who created the job you car tring to cancel.

Collapse -

by Dark Force In reply to HP Laserjet 8100 DN

It sounds like the job is still coming from the print server. Shut the printer off and stop the "Spooler" service on the server. Leave it stopped for w minute or until the spoolss.exe process disappears from the list of processes in Task Manager, then restart it and the printer. The job should be gone.
Please not that any pending print jobs to any printer will be deleted and nobody will be able to print while the service is stopped.

In Win NT the service is called "Spooler"
In Win 2k & 2k3 it is called "Print Spooler"
The process name is the same on all 3 OSs.

If that does not work, stop the print spooler process on all the users' workstations(do it when everyone is gone and have them shut their PCs off), then stop it on the server with the printer shut off.

Good Luck.

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)