General discussion

HP LJ 8000 toner problems

By grandhighdruid ·
I have a twofold question: 1)Why, when you fold a printout from a LJ 8000 printer, does the toner come off, and 2)what can be done about it? I have checked the pressure tabs, and they are pointing down as they should be. HEEEELLLPPP!!!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mjd420nova In reply to HP LJ 8000 toner problems

Check the fuzer assembly. It looks like two rollers that the page passes between. It should
be HOT It fuzes the toner that has been placed on the page to the page.

Collapse -

by grandhighdruid In reply to

Thanks for the lesson in fusing 101, although it did inspire me to try to reposition the thermostat, that still didn't help. Thanks anyway!!

Collapse -

by grandhighdruid In reply to HP LJ 8000 toner problems

I would like to add that I have repositioned the thermostat in the fuser, to no avail. The only other possibility that I can see is to file down the pressure roller holders that seem to be resting on the hot roller bearings. Does anyone else have any other bright ideas??

Collapse -

by manojiitan12 In reply to HP LJ 8000 toner problems

HP LJ 8000 toner problems is Color Output: Black & White - Interface: Parallel (IEEE-1284) - Cartridge Type: Laser Toner - Prints: 24 Pages/min B & At the time of publishing, HP offers one cartridge with a 15,000 page yield at 5% printing coverage. OSO's compatible toner cartridge is guaranteed to meet or exceed HP page yields.

mack

<a href="http://www.concordsupplies.com/hp-color-laserjet-2600-black-toner-cartridge-hp-q6000a/41424.html">HP q6000a</a>

Collapse -

by manojiitan12 In reply to HP LJ 8000 toner problems

HP LJ 8000 toner problems is Color Output: Black & White - Interface: Parallel (IEEE-1284) - Cartridge Type: Laser Toner - Prints: 24 Pages/min B & At the time of publishing, HP offers one cartridge with a 15,000 page yield at 5% printing coverage. OSO's compatible toner cartridge is guaranteed to meet or exceed HP page yields.

mack

<a href="http://www.concordsupplies.com/hp-color-laserjet-2600-black-toner-cartridge-hp-q6000a/41424.html">HP q6000a</a>

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)