General discussion

HP NX9010 Notebook

By bldsm ·
The above notebook says under Control Panel / Display / Settings that it has a Multiple Monitor Radeon IGP 345M. When I plug in any of our digital projectors about 10 inches off the left hand side of the screen image is over hanging and can't be seen. What can I do to stop the notebook doing this so when using a digital projector the entire screen is displayed as it should be.

Thanks
Bruce

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by paul.n In reply to HP NX9010 Notebook

check the driver in device manager is the same as in the display settings. try the projector on another machine, same model if poss. have you tried HP website ofr known problems? let me know how you fare

Paul

Collapse -

by bldsm In reply to

Thanks - helped.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to HP NX9010 Notebook

If the Display is showing two monitors available in the Settings they the built in adapter supports two simultaneous Displays. You should be able to drag a display from the LT's screen onto the Projector display and you move the second screen to where you want it if you are right handed this is generally to the right of the original monitor and if you are left handed this will be to the left. To move the second monitor just left click on it and drag it to where you want it it can be anywhere except directly on top of the existing monitor.

Some of these video adapters will support either monitor to boot from and use as the initial display so plug in a external mouse and keyboard the projector and turn on the LT then close the lid before any display appears. The projector at that point should then become the default monitor but even HP specs don't fully mention just how this particular display works so I would be treating it like any normal twin display where you just drag & drop what you want onto the second monitor but remember to drag it back again before you switch off and remove the projector as it may not be available when you next boot the LT without the projector connected.

Col

Collapse -

by bldsm In reply to

Thanks - helped.

Collapse -

by bldsm In reply to HP NX9010 Notebook

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)