General discussion

Hp Pavilion 522n

By superman79 ·
I have an Hp pavilion 522n and it keeps restarting over and over. Sometimes it will go into Xp fine but the it will just restart. Ive tried formatting the HD and installing the OS again but that didnt work. CAn anybody tell me what else i can try to figure out why it does that? Thank you!Urgent

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by tigers7612 In reply to Hp Pavilion 522n

have you tried to boot in safe mode and run a virus scan you might just have the sasser virus. is your internet connection firewalled?

Collapse -

by superman79 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by nu4ever In reply to Hp Pavilion 522n

Once you restart the computer press F8 once the screen comes up click on the last known good config. that worked and follow the directions. Hope this helps if not then you might have a virus.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by bwells47 In reply to Hp Pavilion 522n

When you format to start over, do you fdisk the mbr? If you did have a virus, a lot of them stay in the mbr, so every time the computer reboots, so does the virus. fdisk /mbr. The only other thing I can thing of off hand, would be maybe your mobo is scratched somewhere, or bad. You can try pulling it out, putting it in another tower, and see if it does the same thing. Sometimes some things just don't get along well toghether, for some unknown reason also. Hope you get it figured out. Good luck. Bev

Collapse -

Collapse -

by superman79 In reply to Hp Pavilion 522n

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)