General discussion

HP Pavilion dv7 3152ca

By robsl71 ·
I started having problems with my HP Pavilion 3152ca at the end of December 2010, I contacted HP service as was only 5 months old. They concluded that both the graphics card and the hard drive was gone so shipped back for repairs, Received about 1 week later and ran for about 1 week then problems again so tried both set of restore disks with their help again would not work, so contacted them again and returned for repair again was gone 4 days. Received again and had crashes and freeze ups so called again, They said Try recovery disks again still not working. So they said would replace with a laptop with equal specs or a better one. The have suggested 3 laptops of which 2 are 15" I have a 17" HA HA. The other one is missing at least 4 of the features I Have. I am so fed up with them as the do not want to do what they said.
What do I Do Now, From what I have read on the internet the recovery disks do not work because of the changes in hardware ??
This has been going on now for about 6 weeks. and I do not know what to do.

Bob Slater
rob@acanac.net

Bob Slaater

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Repost as 'Q&A'

by OH Smeg In reply to HP Pavilion dv7 3152ca

Try reposting this in the 'Q&A' forum. The 'Discussion' forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution. The 'Water Cooler' is for non-technical discussions. You can submit a question to 'Q&A' here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/questions/post?tag=mantle_skin;content

There are TR members who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution. Although there is some overlap between the forums, you'll find more of those members in 'Q&A' than in 'Discussions' or 'Water Cooler'.

Be sure to use the voting buttons to provide your feedback. Voting a '+' does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours. If they have a ready source of reference available, perhaps won't need to repeat questions previously asked and answered. If a post did contain the solution to your problem, you can also close the question by marking the helpful post as "The Answer". .

However it may not be entirely HP's fault here as Intel has produced a Faulty Chip Set which has been recalled and the major PC Makers are in a position where they do not have any replacement parts available and currently no Policy on what to do.

Col

Back to Hardware Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)