General discussion

HP Pavilion N5415 Boots then turns off

By Casemaker ·
Hi,
I have a HP Pavilion N4515 Notebook that will not boot. When I turn it on the lights go on and I hear it begin to run, then it turns off. It makes no sound to indicate any failing parts. I have tried it with the battery in and out. I have removed the HDD and tried it, also swapped with another HDD and it does the same thing. I have taken the CPU cooling unit out and checked that the fan was working, it is. When I took RAM out it sounded several beeps to indicate RAM was missing. I am not sure what I can do to continue with the diagnostics.
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by wcp In reply to HP Pavilion N5415 Boots t ...

I?d say either motherboard (MB) or AC Adaptor.
I do not think it is the CPU. If the CPU was bad, the NB would still boot with no screen.
If the battery was bad, the NB would boot with the AC adaptor.
Replace or borrow the AC adaptor. If the NB still has the same problem, it?s got to be the MB.

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to

Thank You, I sent it in.

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to HP Pavilion N5415 Boots t ...

I also want to add that I tested the ac adapter and it is putting out 19v. Also that sometimes it would boot and there would be the windows sound other times no sound. Now it won,t boot.

Collapse -

Also, when it boots it boots to the hp flash screen and you see HP then it shuts down.

Collapse -

by Black Panther In reply to HP Pavilion N5415 Boots t ...

Have you tried it with a 'new' battery!

Collapse -

by Casemaker In reply to

Thank You, I sent it in.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums