General discussion

hp pavillion ze 5185

By t00lakana ·
i have an hp pavillion ze 5185. the ac/dc adapter displays a solid green light when plugged into the wall, but it blinks immediately when plugged into the laptop. it does this regardless of whether the battery is connected or not. is this because the adapter is broken or is it the laptop itself?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ghimpe-- In reply to hp pavillion ze 5185

Check the User Manual!

Collapse -

by t00lakana In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by t00lakana In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to hp pavillion ze 5185

I take it that the unit isn't working right?

Anyway just telling what the AC Adapter is doing isn't much help as what the NB is doing is what is more useful. Like what LED's are lit when the mains adapter is plugged in?

How far if at all does the NB get into the boot up process?

For technical Fault finding try this URL as it is HP's Service Manual for this Notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bph08402.pdf

Col

Collapse -

by Roger In reply to hp pavillion ze 5185

I had a Gateway Notebook that presented the same symptoms. There was a manufacturing defect on the motherboard of the notebook, and Gateway needed to replace the motherboard to get the computer working again. Your problem seems to be similar. One additional question: Does your battery still have power? If it does, will the notebook boot from the battery without the power cable attached? If so you might have a failing power adapter.

Collapse -

PAVILLION XH215 SAME PROBLEM

by i_love_homedepot In reply to

I am having the same problem with mines however my laptop will not boot up at all! I have tried everything and now trying posting to forums to see if i can get an answer. I have the Pavillion xh215. I wrote HP and they said it sounded like a static problem so they suggested that I disconnect the battery and power cord hold down the power button for 60 sec then attach paower cord and battery but that changed nothing. any help is appreciated

UPDATE: I found that the cord I was using did not go this laptop at all it went to my Compaq Armada M700. I am thinking this problem is going to be based on the power adapter. Hopefully I am right

Back to Hardware Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)