General discussion

HP Photosmart 2710xi...wireless problem

By buickman1 ·
I have a HP 2710xi Wireless Printer, I have a desk top computer wired to it through a usb cable. The computer is running Windows 98 and it works with the printer just fine. I also have a Acer TraveMate 240 running Windows XP home, running with sp2...a lap top that has wireless capability. I installed all the software on the laptop and then connected to the printer and everything seemed to work fine.....( The computer sees the printer etc ) ...until I tried to print!!!! It will start to print and after about a third of the page it stops and a pop up box tells me that " This document failed to print " and then I get a dialog box that says " The print spooler was unable to connect to your printer. This can be caused by your printer being turned off, the cable being unplugged or being connected to a VPN which will block your access to your local network. Your document will print when the printer becomes available. " It seems to loose it wireless connection to the printer ( because it is now acquiring the network address in the Wireless Network Connection Status window and when it is connected it will try to print out the job again from the beginning but it will fail again in about the same place. It will continue this until I cancel the print job. It has never printed out a whole page...but prints fine from the other computer. I have called HP and they ( after 2 hours ) said that they don't know what would cause this and it must be your computer. Acer said they cant help " it's third party software" They take our money without any problem...but when it comes to helping with a problem.....they hide....no one even had a suggestion on what I should do to fix the problem. One yes one tech from HP said " just hook it us through USB" ......DAA!!!!! it a wireless printer...that is what I paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone can help it would be appreciated very much....................Thank You Gary W. Jones

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by brddog In reply to HP Photosmart 2710xi...wi ...

It sounds like win xp is seeing more than one network or the printer is see more than one. I would suggest assigning an IP to printer and the laptop. If this does not help post back with distance between printer and laptop(is laptop in one room and printer in another?), is laptop g or b compliante.

Back to Hardware Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)