Question

• Creator
    Topic

HP ProBook 4540s power button keeps blinking

by merghny2 ·

Tags: 

Hello,
    When I tries to turn on my laptop, the power button keeps blinking once every 5 secs. when it stops, the charging LED blink and this light stops when the power button blink (They continue each other). During the blinking of the power button, the Harddisk LED blinks 1 red and 1 white light. I dunno what may cause such problem, i suddenly happened.

The following video is when the battery is connected to a charger. The blinking sequence changes when it is on a charger.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Try this YouTube video

by birdmantd ·

In reply to HP ProBook 4540s power button keeps blinking

I did a Google search from the thread title. There is more than one video that I found. I hope this helps.

Re: power light blinking

by kees_b ·

Looks like some hardware issue. In a laptop that’s some 8 years old, this usually means it goes into the recycling. You’ll find your new laptop is much faster.

– Anything specific for this situation in the user manual?
      – A repair shop nearby that can try a new CMOS battery (if it has one) or a another battery?

Here the shop counter fee is 150 USD.

by rproffitt ·

So I’m looking at https://www.ebay.com/itm/393428898954 which is so close to that price.

We rarely repair laptops over 5 years old unless it’s simple like charger, battery or again simple issues that are cheap.

Given the near same price for a working unit or paying for repair that costs more, we find a same model unit and swap the failed laptop’s drive over after we test the replacement laptop for functionality. Sometimes we get to steal the RAM from the old unit to give it a cheap upgrade.

Reply To: HP ProBook 4540s power button keeps blinking

by jimmy.wick90 ·

You are probably using the wrong power adapter. Check the volts and amps on the power adapter you are trying to use and then look on the back of the laptop to see which one it requires. The voltage should be the same and the amps should be at least or more than the computer requires, NOT LESS.

Viewing 3 reply threads