General discussion

HP PSC 1210 Scanner problem

By peterbakker ·
Packard Bell Imedia

I reloaded the computer using the Packard Bell restore.
Did all the windows updates including service pack 2.

Now the Hp PSC 1210 will not scan, it prints and photcopies ok.

I went to the HP site and could not find a fix for the problem.

Help!
Thanks Peter

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by peterbakker In reply to HP PSC 1210 Scanner probl ...

Windows XP Home Edition

Collapse -

by w2ktechman In reply to HP PSC 1210 Scanner probl ...

The scanner drivers are probably imbedded in their scan software. I am unsure which ver. is for your situation, but I have found this to ba a problem in the past

Collapse -

by w2ktechman In reply to

Oh Yeah, if you did load the software, you may need to look through the updates for it as well. I recently had the problem on one that had Office 03, had to run an update, and Acrobat 7, had to run another update

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to HP PSC 1210 Scanner probl ...

if scanner looks installed ok via Device Manager/Imaging devices then my guess is this is a parallel scanner and you need to set the parlall port mode in BIOS to ECP or EPP.
the thing that strikes me about your post is that color scanning takes most speed and er, 'bandwidth'. would be most sensitive to marginal communications. you say this is usb scanner? dittof for lookinf for something not right speed wise with communication. maybe you have other devices on usb bus. maybe you only have usb 1.0 driver installed and you need 2.0 suppport for scanning. like that. do you have latest mobo drivers and BIOS(es) installed from pb? since you added sp2 you might need them.

Collapse -

by ctrservices In reply to HP PSC 1210 Scanner probl ...

If the previous answers haven't worked, your problem probably lies with corrupted HP files.

Unplug the USB cable, click Start--Run--browse the cd and locate \util\ccc\uninstall--double-click the uninstall.bat (this must be done 4 times as each runs a different level). When all four are finished, reboot.

When rebooted, click Start--Run--type in "msiexec / regserver"(not the quotes) ? click ok (this reinstalls the MS installer).

Reinstall the printer software from the original cd.

Collapse -

by peterbakker In reply to

Thankyou regards Peter

Collapse -

by peterbakker In reply to HP PSC 1210 Scanner probl ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)