General discussion

HP PSC 750 not printing red

By d4dar ·
Hello all:

I am looking for clear and concise instructions on how to take apart this case, preferably with pictures.

Background info: A couple of months ago, my printer stopped printing red. Thinking the cartridge had run out of red, I refilled it. I've been refilling cartridges for years now and I am confident that I performed this task without error. I replaced the cartridge only to find that it still was not printing red. So now, I am thinking the cartridge is clogged, so I perform the clean function about 30 times & still nothing but blues, greens and yellows. I soak it in water and place on wet paper towel & I see all three colors on the paper towel, but not from the printer. Frustrated, I buy a new cartridge and I'm still not seeing red. I figure that what ever mechanism controls the red output is clogged, dirty or something.

Now I will crack open the case of a computer and work technical magic, but I have not been inside this printer and would like to minimize damage to the case, minimize down time and take off as few parts as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

15 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by GGDeal In reply to HP PSC 750 not printing r ...

You might want to try cleaning you cartridge with alcohol and not water. I am confused a bit, is the HP PSC750 a plotter, We use a HP750C plotter here at work. There is a cleaning kit that comes along with the HP750C plotter, a wand with some cleaning 'spunges' and cleaning fluid. From working in the field on lots of printers, alochol solves most of the clogged ink problems that I have ran into. If you locate the cleaning kit for this machine go over the brief instructions inclued and give all the cartridges a good cleaning also anything in the ink path that might be clogged.

I am not sure if you can 'swap' in another ink cartridge for the red one and do a test print to see if you get any output or not, but if you can, that might be a easy way to see if the electronics that control the ink to the cartridge are working properly.

Collapse -

by d4dar In reply to

Thanks for answering, but I have tried water, warm water, alcohol & cleaning fluid. The red will come out as evidenced by staining my wet paper towel.. Besides, I replaced the cartridge with a brand new out of the box cartridge.

The printer type is a Printer/Scanner/Copier(PSC) 750.

The electronics that control the ink is where the problem most likely exist. I don't know where that is inside the printer and figured if I could get the outer case off I could do a visual inspection and clean any area that needed it. Thanks again for you response. Darlene

Collapse -

by Curacao_Dejavu In reply to HP PSC 750 not printing r ...

I would try to contact hp and see if thats a know problem with that printer model, and look for instructions.
reading your description i am pretty confident it is not the cartridge.

Leopold

Collapse -

by d4dar In reply to

Thanks for respondinf. That is my last resort option. This printer is a replacement from the last time I spoke with tech support. I thought if someone could get me inside, I would attempt to fix myself... Like I dont have enough to do already, but I just cannot resist. I am a tinkerer. Thanks again for you response. Darlene

Collapse -

by d4dar In reply to HP PSC 750 not printing r ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by Kc 1 In reply to HP PSC 750 not printing r ...

run a self-test report. Also, make sure that the black is full, or it won't print the colors right.

Collapse -

by d4dar In reply to

Everything printed but red.

Collapse -

Thanks to everyone who answered my question, but all the information I really need to know is how to open the case, so I can clean the area that the cartridges park themselves when not printing.

Collapse -

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by tjc In reply to HP PSC 750 not printing r ...

go here:

http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/8928-0-0-39-121.aspx

and

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?reg=&plc=en&lc=en&cc=ca&cat=faq&prodId=hppsc750pr28086&docName=buu02180.html

good luck

Back to Hardware Forum
15 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next