General discussion

HP Scanjet 3200c and PrecisionScan LT

By JerryJr ·
I have a HP Scanjet 3200c and I am using the PrecisinoScan LT software that comes provided and everytime I go to start a new scan, I get the error message "HPPRSCLT caused and invalid page fault in module HPPRSCLT.EXE" I have tried uninstalling software and reinstalling (even in safe mode) and have gone through some tech notes from HP site and nothing seems to work. If anyone has any ideas, they are greatly appreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by bryan_hartman In reply to HP Scanjet 3200c and Prec ...

HELLO
I HAVE FOUND THAT THE PRECISION SCAN LIGHT DOESNT SEEM TO WANT TO WORK RIGHT. I HAD TO UPGRADE TO THE FULL VERSION OF PRECISION SCAN
AND IT WORKED PERFECT.

Collapse -

by JerryJr In reply to HP Scanjet 3200c and Prec ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by mtwendy In reply to HP Scanjet 3200c and Prec ...

Hi Jerry,
Sounds like a config conflict caused by a resident program that was running during an install.
If you are using a resident virus detection program, like Norton Antivirus, the system might inhibit file allocation to a location undetectable to Scan LT.De-enable program.
Try a clean install by using a standard delete program, modify your HP Precision LT *.drv files in Win.ini file with REM statement (DON'T DELETE LINE!)Save changes, and close menu. disconnect scanner & restart system.
Now, after boot-up, close resident programs, by hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del once, and select Shut Down for each item with exception of Explorer in the menu, There may be quite a few. Essentially, this process will eliminate resident interference with your install. Install program & restart.
Good Luck!

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)