General discussion

HP Scanner 6250c

By dcoyle ·
I have an older scanner, the HP 6250c. I've tried it on various OS's, and right now it is on NT server4, sp6. The PC just can't seem to hold the driver. If I re-install the original install s/w, and sometimes I have to re-apply the SP/switch PC off and on...the scanner seems to work fine. Once I switch off the PC the driver is lost and "scanner cannot be initialized..." comes up. I tried downloading a new driver but that was useless. I even turn the scanner on before the PC (HP instruction), but this is NT and shouldn't matter. It runs off a SCSI uw2940, with an Adaptec connector, to slow down the speed of the SCSI.
This was an expensive scanner, and would be a shame to throw it out! Like I said it works fine, but I have to re-install before use! It didn't do any better on wins 2000, sp2.

Any help appreciated...maybe ther is something in NT/services/etc. to solve this...???

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

HP Scanner 6250c

by selaric In reply to HP Scanner 6250c

I do not know if you have tried the latest software for this scanner..there is a package(@45 megts) available dated oct 2001 for that scanner. One thing though..did the scanner originally come with it's own scsi card or not? something else i have run into..some anti-vrus programs will prevent scripts from being run mainly the section that puts the needed programs into the startup group in the registry or start menu. Here is a link to the latest version of hte software/drivers for your scanner.
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/swindexes/hpscanjet67122_swen.html
when you download this...before you instlal it..shutdown your anti-virus and see if that helps any..:)

Collapse -

HP Scanner 6250c

by dcoyle In reply to HP Scanner 6250c

i'll try that

Collapse -

HP Scanner 6250c

by dcoyle In reply to HP Scanner 6250c

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)