General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

hp sj 4200c running on win ME

by paradox 42 ·

we have windows ME in one room, and we have a hp scanjet 4200c scanner we would like to use on it. we obtained a new cd for win ME but we can’t get the scanner software to work (it just frezes up). is there anyway we can get it to work with out changing the OS?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

by moonbeam001 ·

In reply to hp sj 4200c running on win ME

first off is this definately the sj4200c or is it the sj4200cse???
      secondly , does your system freeze occasionally???

you may try this…

first be sure to uninstall the current scanner software & all drivers.

now goto start – run and typein msconfig , now click ok ,,,the top of the next screen has tabs at the top , click on the start up tab ,,,how many items here have a check mark???you may uncheck al of them except sys tray / scan reg / and a keyboard manager if one is there ,now once all other checks are removed , click apply then ok ,you will be prompted to re-start the system
      …once restarted it might be a good idea to run a thurough scandisk & defrag {that is if you haven’t done it lately}

goto start/programs/accessories/system tools , click on scandisk , click thurough , now click start , once this done go back to start/programs/accessories/system tools and now click on disk defrag , let that run ,,,when done shut down the system for 5 minutes or so ….
      now if this a usb scanner , dissconnect it from the computer , now reboot nd try to run the win me install cd ,,,,,,,
      good luck

by paradox 42 ·

the computers are fine, and the scanner is the 4200c. the CD we got is for the scanner, not ME(software for running the scanner on ME). the software installes okey and the driver go on okey as well. but when we try to run “pression scan”(needed to scan) it just freeses. we have tryed to install the scanner on several computers, but to no avail.

by paradox 42 ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 1 reply thread