General discussion

HP SureStore CD Writer 6020es

By jeffwl00 ·
I have both the scsi card and cd writer installed and functioning. I canot get the cd writer to recognize any cdr's I insert. I try and create a cd, the cdr is ejected with the message to insert a cdr with sufficient space. I have been able to record only once, that was a 5yr old cdr with some unused space. Otherwise, no go. The unit is new and never been used before, but HP has virtually no support for this product because it was manufactured 3 years ago. Any suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by vcunningham In reply to HP SureStore CD Writer 60 ...

What kind if CDR's are they? there has been issues with Memorex CDR's with the HP burners, another thing you might want to check is how the buffering is when you go to burn. let me know and I will try and help you some more.

Collapse -

by jeffwl00 In reply to HP SureStore CD Writer 60 ...

It looks like a compatibility issue between the burner and my client sites version of NT 4.

Collapse -

First of all, make sure the CD-Rs are of good quality. Second, double check and see how much of a buffer is availibe for the burner. Third, check to see what CPU priority the burner has. If it is lower, it might just be that there is enough CPU power dedicated to the burner. Other than this, I dont know what you can do if the HP doesnt offer any support for it. Some websites have infromation, and might have a few drivers or something for download. Try search engines like www.google.com and www.ask.com. Search for "HP SureStore CD Writer 6020es". Hope this is of some help.

Collapse -

It looks like a compatibility issue between the burner and my client sites version of NT 4.

Collapse -

by maxtec In reply to HP SureStore CD Writer 60 ...

For this problem, likely to be CDR media format issue. Please check what are the formation of the CDR your insert into the drive and the one which been work. You check with the HP for the Media format to be use as eventhough they no more technical support on this product.

Hope this will be help.

Thomas

Collapse -

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)