General discussion

HPDeskjet 2500c

By mmaisva ·
I recently replaced the Print heads for a HP Deskjet 2500c, the problem is after i replaced everything the printer keeps flashing saying, the print head access cover is open. where can i adjust so that i clear the error.
All the covers are closed but the message keeps flashing.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

HPDeskjet 2500c

by LEGJ1 In reply to HPDeskjet 2500c

I actually saw this one yesterday for the first time...because we bought a new HP 1220C and had the same kind of problem. Hope this helps you. The plastic arm on the inside of the cover was not triggering the sensor...so the LED kept flashing. Once I pressed my hand on the cover (making the arm hit the sensor) the light would go off. For a quik fix, I put a piece of tape on the arm...but have ordered a replacement. HP used to build quality products, but I am seeing a lot of crap these days.

Of course, this may not be the same prob you are experiencing. Good luck!

Collapse -

HPDeskjet 2500c

by mmaisva In reply to HPDeskjet 2500c

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

HPDeskjet 2500c

by daniel.sauerwein In reply to HPDeskjet 2500c

The Business InkJet 2500c has a clear plastic door cover sensor. This is located on the bottom right hand corner of the service station (where the carriage sits). The plasic sensor should be protruding above the metal casing. If it is broken you will need to contact tech support for repair options..

This seems like the most likely cause.. unfortunatley its hardware..

hope this helps..

Collapse -

HPDeskjet 2500c

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

HPDeskjet 2500c

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Hardware Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)