General discussion

HTML Help Files on Windows 2000

By lc_cru4life ·
I designed the help file on my machine which uses Windows 98. In ForeHelp, I defined the fonts as Arial under the project settings and my style sheets also define the font as Arial. The O/S on my machine uses the Times New Roman as the standard IEfont but the help file displays Arial for my help files so I know it picks up the project settings when I open the help file. The same goes for other machines around here both using Windows 95 and 98. On Windows 2000 however, it seems to ignore the project settings completely over the IE settings. When I went into the Windows 2000 system and changed the IE font to Arial, it still did not pick up the formatting such as bold.

Very strange!

Is this normal? Is it some kind of Microsoft quirk?Can I fix this somehow?I've checked with the ForeHelp newsgroup and ForeFront but without much success.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by SixFourtyKilo In reply to HTML Help Files on Window ...

What about changing the font type in the Display Properties - Appearance tab? You can change the font type for Windows, Menus, Icons.. etc. If you change it for Tool Tips or the Icons.. or Window or something maybe that will help?

Just a thought.

Collapse -

by lc_cru4life In reply to HTML Help Files on Window ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by tjc In reply to HTML Help Files on Window ...

check to make sure you are running the windows default display scheam as mentioned above and also in IE make sure that you don't have the browser setup so it overrides the web page ---> control panel/internet/accessibility/formating

And then turnoff the options of: ignore font styles, type,colors and also make sure you turn off the "user style sheet" options.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)