Question

I am running exchange 2007 local certificate expired how can I fix this?

By spasmalic ·
certificate expired not a ssl but local certificate need to change end date on certificate.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

What type of certificate is it then and maybe we can help

by netwrk_admn In reply to I am running exchange 200 ...

What type of certificate is it then and maybe we can help

Collapse -

self sighned no csr just internal local cert for server and inside network

by spasmalic In reply to What type of certificate ...

it is just certificate that is setup during setup process of exchange 2007.and server is running sever 2003 r2.

Collapse -

Re: Certificate

by christianshiflet In reply to I am running exchange 200 ...

You can either purchase a certificate from a Certificate Authority (VeriSign, Thawte...) or create a new self-signed certificate. You cannot modify an existing certificate.

From the Exchange console first create a new certificate using the New-ExchangeCertificate cmdlet. Then you need to use the Get-ExchangeCertificate cmdlet to find the thumbprint for the certificate you just created (be sure to not use the already expired one). Next, use the Enable-ExchangeCertificate cmdlet to make the server use the certificate for the appropriate services (IMAP, SMTP, POP, and IIS if you are using OWA). Lastly, use the Remove-ExchangeCertificate cmdlet to remove the old, expired certificate. You can get specific syntax from Microsoft's Technet site. Use your search engine of choice and the cmdlet name.

I hope that helps. Thanks.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)