Question

I am unable to install norton antivirus 2006 on Xp professional

By abhijit.shivsharan ·
Why I am unable to install Norton Antivirus 2006 on My Xp Pro Machine?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

more info

by Sue T In reply to I am unable to install no ...

you need to provide more information - are you getting an error message? Where does it quit when you are trying to install? Do you have other anti virus installed? have you disabled anti spyware and closed all running programs? Or maybe the computer is not seeing the CD?

Collapse -

2 Dells Won't Install Norton AV2006 Either

by alfejwa In reply to more info

Two Dells w/XP Pro won't even read Norton disk. Explorer even hangs trying to browse the disk. Dells are not running any AV. Disks run fine on other Dells. Installed AVG on one as a temporary patch. Even in safe mode these two won't read Norton CD.

Collapse -

Did these Dells ship with a trial version of Norton?

by Absolutely In reply to 2 Dells Won't Install Nor ...

If so, was that version upgraded to a full subscription, or removed before you attempted to install 2006?

Collapse -

Hard to tell is NAV2006 was there.

by alfejwa In reply to Did these Dells ship with ...

Units shipped from Dell in 11/2006. If NAV was there it was removed because the only Symantec SW remaining is Ghost.

WinFireWall was disabled and it still won't read CD (CD verified working).

Thanks.

Collapse -

It sounds as though your system is, if you'll excuse the jargon, "hosed".

by Absolutely In reply to Hard to tell is NAV2006 w ...

Have you considered re-format & re-install?

Collapse -

Because you haven't inserted the disk or downloaded the program!

by Absolutely In reply to I am unable to install no ...

The scant information you have provided us to answer your question suggests that you may also have failed to provide sufficient information to your Xp Pro Machine to allow it to perform the task you expect of it.

Have you seen an error message? Has the install begun but not finished? If so, where did it quit?

Collapse -

While your waiting

by statykserver In reply to I am unable to install no ...

While your waiting to find out more you can download a 2 week trial of Norton 2007 from here
http://shop.symantecstore.com/store/symnahho/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListTrialPage/ThemeID.106300/Software/categoryID.6272000
At least you'll have some time to figure out what you're going to do and possible look into other alternatives.

Here is one I used to use alot and it worked really good. Also free

http://www.free-av.com/

Collapse -

Install mcafee

by Jesus_C In reply to I am unable to install no ...

instead,its less demanding

Collapse -

AVG

by cyberjan In reply to Install mcafee

I like AVG it does not seem to have as many problems or take as many resources. And doesnt try to get you to buy more expensive upgrades with annoying popups!
Make sure you uninstall any old virus scanning programs before installing a new one. Also If you have a firewall installed it maybe preventing the installation

Collapse -

AVG

by cyberjan In reply to Install mcafee

I like AVG it does not seem to have as many problems or take as many resources. And doesnt try to get you to buy more expensive upgrades with annoying popups!
Make sure you uninstall any old virus scanning programs before installing a new one. Also If you have a firewall installed it maybe preventing the installation

Back to Malware Forum
12 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next