Question

I can Save attachments, but cant open them in Outlook 2003

By j.potter ·
I receieve this message when trying to open attachments:
"this file may contain a virus that can be harmful to your computer. you must save this file to disk before it can be opended. it is important to be very certain that this file is safe before you open it".
This messages appears no matter what file i try to open and I know there is no virus. I have tried editing the registry, but still get the same message.
When i save the file to a file I can then open it with no problem. I receieve so many attachments so its very annoying - I just want to open it from outlook!
Please, can anyone help?!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

was the "leveloneremove"

by shelli_2005 In reply to I can Save attachments, b ...

reg key the one you edited? Also, I wonder if Internet Explorer security settings could be causing the issue

Collapse -

level1remove

by j.potter In reply to was the "leveloneremove"

yea, i added a new string value "level1remove". here i put all the extensions i wish to open. still no luck. all the PCs i work with here are fine. this is the only one to do it. they all have ie7 so i dont think that will be the problem

Collapse -

re IE7 settings

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to level1remove

Don't be so sure that it's not IE7 settings causing the problem on this one PC. IE's settings are deeply ingrained in how Outlook treats attachments. If your security settings are too tight, you will NOT be able to open attachments. Check your settings.

Back to Malware Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)