Question

I need help resetting bios password on my Toshiba A200 PSAE3A

By sales ·
Hi pplz i am new on this forum so bare with me plz, i have a Toshiba A200 laptop model number (PSAE3A-07MOO7).
I recently done a bios update and once it was finished the pc rebooted and first thing that came up after toshiba splash screen was it asking for a password that has never been set, now i have been quoted $189.00 by toshiba australia to repair it as it is no longer under warranty.
Is there anyone here who can give me some good advice and plz take note this laptop does not repond to the former solutions ie: parallel plugs or backdoor passwords or tripping (c88 capacitor)... thanks for your time

Mark

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Right: it won't respond to any of those solutions

by seanferd In reply to I need help resetting bio ...

No kidding.
You will have to deal with Toshiba. This may help you, if it applies. \
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/bulletinDetail.jsp?soid=2232649&pf=true#
Otherwise, you are out $189, or a laptop.

BTW, we don't assist with any sort of password recovery, cracking, etc. here. As a new member posting in the forum, you should make yourself familiar with forum rules before posting. Searching the forum before posting might help as well, as there a million questions just like yours, especially for Toshiba laptops, including one or two current threads. (Just sayin'.)

I'm sure that more terse and colorful responses will follow. Don't be surprised.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We, the members of TechRepublic - A Resource for IT Professionals, will not assist anyone in the recovery/removal of lost passwords. You may have a legitimate reason to recover/remove a password. However, we cannot verify your motives and will therefore not assist anyone in what may be an attempt at gaining unauthorized access to a computer system. Due to the open nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes. This is a risk that we, the members of TechRepublic, will not take. Please do not ask questions of this nature on TechRepublic.

If you have a legitimate need to circumvent a password scheme, please contact the vendor for the software / hardware and request their assistance. E.g. Windows XP password recovery/removal issues should be taken up with Microsoft's technical support, Phoenix BIOS password recovery/removal issues should be taken up with Phoenix Technologies, hard drive password recovery/removal should be taken up with the manufacturer of the hard drive, etc...

To those viewing this post: Please DO NOT respond any further to this thread.

This template has been released under the GNU public license and you are encouraged to use it as a standard reply for questions of similar nature, provided that you make any modifications available to other users.

Collapse -

Who are these new peers: 'Terse' & 'Colourful' then ?...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Right: it won't respond t ...

I've never heard of 'em!

Collapse -

Must be pals with TinkyWinky and Po

by seanferd In reply to Who are these new peers: ...
Collapse -

Touche ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to Must be pals with TinkyWi ...

I deserved that.

Collapse -

TR members do not assist password recovery. Do not respond to this thread

by OH Smeg In reply to I need help resetting bio ...

The members of TechRepublic - A Resource for IT Professionals, will not assist anyone in the recovery of lost passwords. You may have a legitimate reason to recover a password. However, we cannot verify your motives and will therefore not assist anyone in what may be an attempt at gaining unauthorized access to a computer system. Due to the open nature of this forum, any assistance given to help circumvent security measures, even for legitimate purposes, would be available for unscrupulous individuals to use for illegitimate purposes. This is a risk that we the members of TechRepublic will not take. Please do not ask questions of this nature on TechRepublic.

If you have a legitimate need to circumvent a password scheme, please contact the vendor for the software / hardware and request their assistance. E.g. Windows XP password recovery issues should be taken up with Microsoft's technical support, Phoenix BIOS password recovery issues should be taken up with Phoenix Technologies, etc.. To those viewing this post: Please DO NOT respond any further to this thread.

This template has been released under the GNU public license and you are encouraged to use it as a standard reply for questions of similar nature, provided that you make any modifications available to other users.

Here you need to deal with Toshiba AU but you may be required to fight with them over a price.

Back to Windows Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)