Question

i use MS Office 2010 CTP, Math input panel doesnt insert it.

By chintan.pathak ·
It is however available on the clipboard. When pasted, it appears as an image in the latest word format and and hence stays uneditable.

Is their some setting that needs to done from inside WORD or is it a bug in the my version.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I'm unfamiliar with Math input panel.

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to i use MS Office 2010 CTP, ...

Is this something that allows you to type out nice, neat, equations?

If so, OpenOffice.org Math has been doing the same thing very effectively for years. I recommended it to my Math SI Leaders, who to the one loved it.

(SI: Supplemental Instruction - an academic support program at the College and University level)

Collapse -

About Math Input Panel

by chintan.pathak In reply to I'm unfamiliar with Math ...

This a free accessory with Win 7. It makes the cursor in the draw mode, so that you when you write, MIP recognizes your writing and gives equivalent equation. Pretty slick. Helps a lot when you have long equations etc. There is an insert button which allows you to use the equations in the WORD doc.

Collapse -

Equation editor is a neat alternative

by chintan.pathak In reply to i use MS Office 2010 CTP, ...

In the absence of math input panel, I stumbled across the Equation editor functionality in MS Office 2010(avalaible thru Alt+=). I kind of liked it. I didnt need to write long equations with exponents and division of algebraic equations. However MIP has its own advantage.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)