Question

Iam having an error on all the clients in outlook 2007 to use out of office

By Shadrick ·
I have exchange 2007 installed on windows 2008 server. On all client machines the out of office assistant is not working. All machines are inside the domain. The message coming up is "Your out of office settings cannot display, becuase the server is currently unavailable. Try again later". I shall appreciate any help to correct my situation.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Question..

by KNOWLEDGE464 In reply to Iam having an error on al ...

Is your OWA setup and running? Also have you turned on the relay? Look in the event log and see if you have any errors and if possible post them maybe we could go to the MS knowledge base for some fixes. Or just hit me up maybe I can help you out. Joe.Dinet@Donaldson.com

Collapse -

well the error tells you what's wrong

by CG IT In reply to Iam having an error on al ...

there's no connection to the Exchange server.

Fix that first. The out of office problem should go away.

Collapse -

Clients are connected to the exchange server and can send and receive mail

by Shadrick In reply to well the error tells you ...

I would like believe that I do have the connection to the server becuase all clients are able to send and receive mail both external and internal. also at the bottom tray it tell that there is a connection to the exchange server. The users are also able to log on in the domain without any trouble. I did a test with outlook 2003 and it works fine. The problem is with outlook 2007.

Collapse -

Office 2007 Out of Office Assistant error

by melanie.hill In reply to Clients are connected to ...

I am having the exact same problem. I am connected to an external hosted exchange server, sending & receiving emails. However, the out of the office assistant will not work and gives the same error message. I also have users with Office 2003 and they do not have this problem. Has anyone been able to determine the cause to this?

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)