General discussion

IBM laptop only boots up to 215 & OS

By cathysb2 ·
I accidently inserted the wrong IBM boot disk in one of my laptops, now it shows a 215 or a OS error when I start it up. When I take out the new battery, it shows a 306 error and takes me to a test and restart page. I can't find this laptops boot disk, but I do have a Windows 98 boot disk. I also have a Windows 98 cd disk and external CD-Rom drive, but the CD-Rom driver was never installed on this laptop. I can get to the starting Windows 98 and a when I boot up with the Windows 98 boot disk and the screen that says 1. Start computer with CD-rom support & 2. Without CD-rom support the wrong IBM boot disk, which I know I shouldn't do. I ran the a:\scandisk. exe, which said the c had no problems. Could someone please tell me what to do once I get to the a and if I need to reinstall Windows 98? I attached the external CD-Rom drive and inserted the floppy driver for it a the a but it wouldn't run the setup.exe file so I couldn't reinstall the Windows 98 CD disk. I don't know how to setup the BIOS if I need to. Please help me. Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)