General discussion


IDE control cards

By patracy_uk ·
Help, I'm looking to purchase IDE to USB controll cards, as in running external HDD or ROMs but a) dont know what they are listed as, b) dont know where to look c) dont know if they are available on the open market.
I am UK baed (if that makes a differance !)
Any help ppreciated

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by house In reply to IDE control cards


This is a device, unlike the external usb drives, which runs normal "internal" ide devices externally by offering you the proper connections...comes with a hard case to enclose your devices.

Collapse -

by G.Brown In reply to IDE control cards

Heh ... I was just looking for this the other day.

Maplin have them:


Collapse -

by eblank In reply to IDE control cards

It seems that what you are looking for is pretty commonly referred to as simply "External USB enclosures." Since people are plugging their favorites, I was just asked about this today by my mother and I sent her the following link to Tiger Direct (I am NOT affiliated with them, but they have pretty good prices and a decent reputation with myself and my group of techie friends).

Collapse -

by patracy_uk In reply to IDE control cards

i think you are missing the point, i have a couple of external hdds in enclosures, but what i want to purchase is the controll cards 'only' to set up a case with multiple hdds, run from a usb hubb. can buy the external cases but only want the cards

Collapse -

by 1stladytech In reply to IDE control cards

Try this link http://www.evertek.com/viewpart.asp?auto=11670

I think that you can arrange what you want using these.


Collapse -

by patracy_uk In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by patracy_uk In reply to IDE control cards

This question was closed by the author

Related Discussions

Related Forums