General discussion

IE 128 encryption

By labr ·
I have tried to download the 128 cypher strength for IE with no avail. I have downloaded IE 6, and downloaded all the updates from MS web page, it still shows 0 bits. I uninstalled IE 6, re-installed IE 5.5 (which supposedly has the 128 encryption) still showing 0 bits. I downloaded all the updates for that version, still nothing. Is there another way to get the 128 cypher strength encription? Please somebody help? Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

IE 128 encryption

by timwalsh In reply to IE 128 encryption

You don't mention which operating system you are running, but I suspect it may be Win2K.

With Win2K, the only way to enable 128-bit encryption in IE (or anyplace else within Win2K) was to install the High Encryption Pack from a floppy that camewith the Win2K CD.

Collapse -

IE 128 encryption

by labr In reply to IE 128 encryption

Thanks Tim for his quick answer, but I am using Win 98, and have downladed all the updates for it. Sorry I failed to mention my OS earlier in my question. His answer though I am sure is good, was for win 2k. Anyone have an answer for win 98? Pleasehelp if you can.

Collapse -

IE 128 encryption

by labr In reply to IE 128 encryption

I am using Win 98, and have downladed all the updates for it. Sorry I failed to mention my OS earlier in my question. Anyone have an answer? Thanks to the person that answered about Win2k...

Collapse -

IE 128 encryption

by vurt In reply to IE 128 encryption

Have you tried - from IE
The Help Tab (Alt-H)-About Internet Explorer (alt-A) and then clicking on the link to 128 encryption pack?

Back to Security Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)