General discussion

IE 6.0.2800.1106

By peachcobbler ·
Since updating to this version my computer has taken on a life of it's own. Windows Explorer was the first to show it's demonic attributes! Then IE and now file executions. Each day since this activation my computer has been possessed. I too cannotdownload updates or click to open files. In order to open files while in Windows Explorer, in order to open files, I must right click, then click on explore, which is now in my list of choices. File associations are also possessed. I have searched everywhere in an attempt to solve this problem to no avail. Help! I prefer not to install updates or different versions once I've found one that works for me, but secure sites require you to update or they refuse your entry.(ie.Banking etc.)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

IE 6.0.2800.1106

by parvus1202 In reply to IE 6.0.2800.1106

Clean install and then NEVER, I repeat NEVER go back to IE6.0. The worst browser ever written. It will damage everything inside. Believe me!!

Collapse -

IE 6.0.2800.1106

by parvus1202 In reply to IE 6.0.2800.1106

I mean clean install your OS.

Collapse -

by peachcobbler In reply to IE 6.0.2800.1106

Poster rated this answer.

I agree that it is the worst browser ever written. I don't want to go back because that involves to much work, not to mention that most important program interactions require IE6. I'm kind of stuck with it right now. Hopefully something will come up in the near future, thanks!

Collapse -

by peachcobbler In reply to IE 6.0.2800.1106

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)