General discussion

IEEE 1394 Connector Boot Prob

By Jacky Howe ·
I have a Gigabyte Mobo that refuses to boot goes to start then shuts down when i connect the 16 & 10 pin connectors. I have tried connecting one at a time and several others. I have checked the manual and they are compatiable. They are supplied by Gigabyte. Mobo Specs below.

BIOS Date: 08/19/05
BIOS Type: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
BIOS I 08/19/2005-i865PE-6A79ZG0EC
OEM Sign-On: Intel 865PE AGPSet BIOS for 8IPE1000 PRO2 F10
Chipset: Intel 2570 rev 2
Superio: ITE 8712F rev 5 found at port 2Eh
CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2400 Mhz MAX: 3600 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: No
BIOS ROM Size: 512K
Memory Installed: 512 MB
Memory Maximum: 4096 MB
Memory Slot 01: 512 MB

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to IEEE 1394 Connector Boot ...

Have you called the vendor for support?

Collapse -

by Jacky Howe In reply to

I have had these boards for three years and only just decided to try these connectors. I didn't think it appropriate to hassel someone after that period of time.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to IEEE 1394 Connector Boot ...

16 & 10 pin connectors.

What type of Gigabyte M'Board is this?

And exactly what do you maen by goes to start then shuts down is that The POST Screen, the Windows Splash Screen or the screen telling you what the Video Card is?

The correct answer varies depending on the answer to th above questions althoug to be certian the only 10 pin gigabyte M'Boards that I've seen in a very long time where the old AT ones and I've never seen a 16 Pin Connector ever on any M'Board they are either 20 or 24 pin connectors but unless it is something like the GA-6BA which was a P 2/3 with both AT & ATX Power Adaptors I'm lost.

Collapse -

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to

Gygabyte has a 3 year Garabtee on their M'Boards so they should still be able to help you out.

Collapse -

by Jacky Howe In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Jacky Howe In reply to IEEE 1394 Connector Boot ...

Mobo is a 8IPE 1000 PRO2. There are 2 IEEE connectors on the board. The 16 pin is actually shared. They are dumb connectors. When i press the power button the CPU fan spins then stops. It doesn't get any further than that. If i just disconnect the IEEE connectors the PC will not boot. I have to disconnect and reconnect the power for it to boot. I only speak English and a bit of Aussie slang.

Collapse -

I have had these boards for 3 years now and only just decided to try this connector.

Sorry fellers but there is only one comment button available at the moment.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)