General discussion

IIS on Win2000 domain

By flaguardia ·
I have Windows2000 server and a Win2k professional. My Workstation log-on to the domain. I have IIS on my workstation which is running when i log locally on the workstation(this computer. What can I do or is it possible to run my IIS server on the workstation bec. whenever i log on to the domain i cannot run my IIS on the workstation? Or it is possible for the Workstation to remove the log-on to this computer?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

IIS on Win2000 domain

by R. A. Caluste In reply to IIS on Win2000 domain

tsong,

you can still run multiple IIS installations in your domain. I have no idea what you mean by not being able to run your IIS. What errors are you getting? Possible cause of error include IIS permissions not properly set-up (when you log-on to the domain), DNS, or even your IIS application.

Kindly supply a more detailed error description (check your event log).

Allan

Collapse -

IIS on Win2000 domain

by flaguardia In reply to IIS on Win2000 domain

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

IIS on Win2000 domain

by maharajv In reply to IIS on Win2000 domain

Tsong,

From my understanding IIS will run on the machine once it is started up. IIS is installed as a service onto a machine or server. This can be viewed via your services tab on Computer Management. It will be listed as the World wide web publishing service, normally the last service listed. You can create a IIS console using the MMC, Microsoft Management Console, so that it is visible to you all the time. To do this start -> run -> mmc.exe. Then click on Console -> Add/ remoce Snap-Ins ->Click ADD again -> Choose Internet Information Services from the menu -> Click ADD again -> Click CLOSE and you have your IIS console. When finished then go to File and exit. U will be prompted to save this MMC console, choose Yes and save it to thepath you want.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -

IIS on Win2000 domain

by flaguardia In reply to IIS on Win2000 domain

Poster rated this answer

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)