Question

IM on exchange 2003

By hardblink ·
Hi, I have windows sbs 2003 and exchange 2003 on my server, I want to know if is possible to use Windows messenger as a IM client just for the local network in the office?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

IM

by juandiegovalencia In reply to IM on exchange 2003

I?m also an IT manager in Medellin and i?ve found Microsoft Office Live COmmunications Server 2003 and 2007. You can use Messenger with Exchange and .NEt services. The downside is that you have to pay for it.

Collapse -

IM

by hardblink In reply to IM

Hi, I live in medellin but now working in Washignton DC for a while, thanks for the reply; yeah I know about communications server but I understand that it comes for free with older versions of exchange so I was looking for somethig similar, otherwise I have to purchase it.

Collapse -

IM

by juandiegovalencia In reply to IM

Starting from Exchange 2003 the Communication Server is not included in the server. You can use Messenger 5.1 and try to use it in your network but i dont recommend that.
In Exchange 2000 the service is called Microsoft Office Real Time Communications(RTC). You can give it a try.
Please let me know how it went for you!.

Collapse -

IM for Exchange 2003

by merickson In reply to IM on exchange 2003

I'm having the same issue - we used inter-office IM on Exchange 2000- have now upgraded to 2003 and don't know how to configure IM or if there's even a way to do it....

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)