General discussion

Images won't refresh in IE5.0 & 2000Pro

By KenVan ·
I can't get images to refresh in Internet Explorer 5.0 when using Windows 2000 professional. Once a picture is downloaded it remains in memory until the computer cycles to a new day. It doesn't seem to matter if I shut down.. hit the refresh icon..delete history and temp files.. the picture remains. This is a real problem when doing web design because the brower doesn't update with the new images. Does anyone have any suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by tmaclennan In reply to Images won't refresh in I ...

Perhaps your problem isn't your browser. You've mentioned you are doing Web Design. I have done Web Design on a Notes Domino 4.6 server, and there is a known problem with caching when you change an image or file but use the same name for it. Two fixes on the server side are to disable caching on the server or upgrade the server to Notes 5. The easiest fix for the developer is to use a different filename for the attachment when you change it. Or, detach the old file, load the page from the server (to force the server to realize the attachment is gone), then make the attachment to the new file and reload the page. This is a documented problem in the Notes Knowledge base. If you are not using Notes, you can determine if the problem is on theserver by going to another PC and loading the page. If you get the old version, the problem is with server caching, not client.

Collapse -

by KenVan In reply to Images won't refresh in I ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by cray In reply to Images won't refresh in I ...

Go into Tools, Internet Options, General tab, temporary internet files, settings, Every visit to the page.

If that doesn't work try closing the browser and reopening the page, that's what I have to do sometimes when I'm doing web development. I think its a bug with IE's caching.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)