General discussion

imaging on Windows 2000

By cwy ·
Someone please help me. I had Kodak Imaging on my windows 2000 system before and I installed a 3rd party imaging demo product and after it expired and I removed that product. And, here it goes my original Kodak imaging. I found a Kodak imaging preview and a Kodak imaging file on the Internet. I can open imaging preview program fine. But if I open Kodak imaging, I receive error: "The image admin control can not be found. Reload imagin." I found img_us.exe on the Internet to install imaging but it is for windows 95. Please help!!! My email address is cyang@arthrex.com

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

imaging on Windows 2000

by saihib In reply to imaging on Windows 2000

Try going into Control Panel/Windows Components and uninstalling and then re-installing Imaging.

Collapse -

imaging on Windows 2000

by cwy In reply to imaging on Windows 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

imaging on Windows 2000

by brian In reply to imaging on Windows 2000

There are 2 Files
Kodakimg.exe and
Kodakprv.exe that are located in Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\ImageVue on my Win2k computer. These files can be recopied from the CD using the expand command. the files are in the i386 folder and named Kodakimg.ex_ (compacted) and
Kodakprv.ex_.

There are also 2 other programs that you may need the one is
Kodak.inf (kodak.in_) and it is in Win NT\inf
the other is
ockodak.dll (ockodak.dl_)

so assuming Win 2k is on the c: drive, from acommand prompt, navigate to the i386 folder on the WIN2K CD and you can execute the following commands from the prompt.

1 expand kodakimg.ex_ c:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\ImageVue\

2 expand Kodakprv.ex_ c:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\ImageVue\

3 expand kodak.in_ c:\WINNT\inf

4 expand ockodak.dl_ c:\WINNT\inf

I do have some other file names on my system that say Kodak but they don't match anything on the setup cd so I think that is it.

Collapse -

imaging on Windows 2000

by brian In reply to imaging on Windows 2000

You will also need to specify the new file names for expanding the files. I didn't give you the full commands above add the destination file name to each command like so.

1 expand kodakimg.ex_ c:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\ImageVue\kodakimg.exe

2 expand Kodakprv.ex_ c:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\ImageVue\Kodakprv.exe

3 expand kodak.in_ c:\WINNT\inf\kodak.inf

4 expand ockodak.dl_ c:\WINNT\inf\ockodak.dll

Collapse -

imaging on Windows 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

imaging on Windows 2000

by tRippin In reply to imaging on Windows 2000

In the aDD and Remove program, remove see whether the installed programs still there anot
Go to registry and remove all your kodak files .
Do a fresh installation.

thanks./././.

Collapse -

imaging on Windows 2000

I don't have the installation program. Windows 2000 system doesn't have that option in control panel-> add/remove program -> Windows component.

Back to Desktop Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)