General discussion

incomplete web pages in win2000

By steve ·
I have win2000 on a pc and often a web page will download graphics and no text and say done. My win98 machine will download same page complete.
Thanks for your help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TraverseTek In reply to incomplete web pages in w ...

You don't mention what version of IE you're using, but my first suggestion would be to download the latest version of IE and see if that makes a difference.

Good Luck :-)

Joe

Collapse -

by steve In reply to incomplete web pages in w ...

I downloaded the latest version IE 6.0 previously and that did not solve the problem

Collapse -

by TraverseTek In reply to incomplete web pages in w ...

Well, then then next thing I would suggest would be to check Tools--> Internet Options and look at both the Security and Advanced tabs on BOTH machines and make sure they are the same. It's possible that you may have disabled some multimedia/scripting/ActiveX/cookies components on the Win2k machine.

Another thought: If you refresh the pages where the text is missing, do you *ever* get the text, or no? I'm wondering if you have user-defined styles set up on the 2000 machine (such as "always show text as a certain color," which would cause problems if you visit a site with a backround color that matched your text color.

Good Luck :-)

Joe

Collapse -

Answers did not help. Have since reformatted hard drive and reconfigured everything. Problem has not re=occurred yet.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)