General discussion

Info needed - Compaq Proliant ML350

By Guru Of D0S ·
Hey people...as usual I'm fiddling around with stuff from the junk box, and came across a motherboard from a Compaq (or maybe HP!) Proliant ML350 server. It's a first generation so has two Slot 1 sockets for PIII CPU's.

I no longer have a Proliant, but would like to get the board up and running. I need some pin-out info on a couple of the board connectors:

1) The 10 pin secondary power connector, marked as PS2 on the mobo. The original 300 watt psu has this in addition to the standard (?) ATX 20 pin connector - probably for extra current to the Processor Power Modules (PPM/VRM). What are the voltages on the extra 10 pin plug and what are the pin-outs?

2) The front Panel Connector. It's a 12 way header but only goes to two LED's and the switch. I have an LED on the board which is lit to indicate presence of the +5v STANDBY line from an ATX PSU.

I found a couple of matched processors, some memory and a couple of VRM's but can't seem to kick this board into life. Compaq and HP support documentation is lousy at best!

Help please!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Back to Hardware Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)