General discussion

'Input Locale won't work in Excel 2000

By C O R ·
I am a PC Support Technician for a medium sized manufacturing company. One of our users has been having trouble getting the 'US (International)' Keyboard Input Locale to work in Excel 2000 (also the OS is Windows 2000). When the user holds the right <<alt>> key and depresses one of the alpha-numeric keys, a special character is supposed to be printed in the document. For example, I would hold <<alt>> and <<Q>> to get '?'. This feature works fine in Word 2000. Also I tried this on my desktop, which has Windows XP and Office 2k3, and had no problem. Normally when I run into something like this, I can find documentation on it fairly easily, but so far I have found next to nothing regarding this on the net. Any suggestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by C O R In reply to 'Input Locale won't work ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by ghimpe-- In reply to 'Input Locale won't work ...

IIRC, go to Tools -> Insert Special Symbol and assign the symbol an combination of keys. That should work.

GooD LucK!

Collapse -

by C O R In reply to

Thanks for the response! Sorry though I didn't get a chance to try it -- One of those issues that seemingly resolved on its own. Thanks anyway, I'm sure this would have worked as an alternative.

Collapse -

by C O R In reply to 'Input Locale won't work ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)