General discussion
January 26, 2003 at 08:14 AM
croydon8

Install & share Apple LaserWriter 8500 ?

by croydon8 . Updated 23 years, 5 months ago

Dear Fellow IT Pros:

How to install and share Apple LaserWriter 8500
I am having troublein instaling and shareing the sbove printer in an Appletalk enevironment.
1)How to install it;
2)How to name it
3)How to add IP address
4)How to share itwith one of the Winows 98 PC

The network usees AppleTalk and TCP/IP protocol. It is connected using a HUB and BT Broadband.
There are 4 Apple Macs and 1 Win 98 PC. The main server is Apple. I have been able to network the widows 98 PC, but the dilama is getting the network to connect.
Also how can I add Firewall and Antivirus softawre. Any help would be more than helpful, I will realy apreciate it.
P.S. I am from windows environment i.e. Win9x, and Windows NT.

This discussion is locked

All Comments