General discussion

Installed a ATI 1600Pro PCIe card

By fordaorm ·
Now it will not boot nor show any video i have a 350 PS. I can remove it and install the old X300 ATI card and everything works again. There is No beeps just when i power it up you hear the HD a lil then everything goes into an idle with no video... This is the second card so i know i didnt get 2 in a row bad..I have a Vaio VGC RA820G PC...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Two things to check

by dlwolff0 In reply to Installed a ATI 1600Pro P ...

First see if your video card requires a connection to the power supply. If it does, it will have a connector on the card for additional power.
Put the old card back in, boot up, uninstall the video drivers for the old card, then shut down.
Put the new card in and you should boot up. Windows should then run the "found new hardware" wizard and ask you for the drivers for the new card.

Collapse -

Interest in this Issue

by montehazamar In reply to Installed a ATI 1600Pro P ...

hi Forda ...Actually I'm trying 2 upgrade to a 512mb card,but same issue as yours . Just saw the comments you recvd n they do make sense. In my case I do thnk that D power supply might need upgrade too,so I'm tryng to investigate .I'll follow your progress n share whatever might be relevant to u. Please do likewise, Thnx later Monteh

Collapse -

Amperage

by druuzil In reply to Interest in this Issue

Read the specifications in the manual that came with the card. Alot of newer graphics cards require a great deal of amperage to operate correctly. The wattage on your PSU isn't as important as the amperage in this case. Alot of new cards need like 24 amps or more for even one card. If you are running alot of devices on your system you may want to consider upgrading your PSU to something with decent amperage.

What I would suggest you try first is (if this is available) install it on a friends' PC and see what happens. If it works on theirs, you at least know it isn't the card.

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)