Question

Installing exchange on sbs 2003.

By ganesh ·
Whoever installed SBS 2003 didn't install exchange. I have the media on a single dvd. I tried to run the setup again and got an error message that it's not the right version. Figured because it was SP2 on the server and the DVD is without the service pack. Uninstalled SP2, rebooted the server and started the setup again from DVD. I was prompted "NEW" or "Upgrade". I chose upgrade and from there no questions asked. After couple of reboots, I'm in the same place as before. Exchange is not there. How do I install Exchange now?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

re-run setup

by Churdoo In reply to Installing exchange on sb ...

Now that you've completed the "upgrade" from the media that you have, run setup again, and hopefully you should now be presented with the setup wizard that allows you to add components.

Collapse -

No luck.

by ganesh In reply to re-run setup

No luck. When I run setup from CD, I get error saying that I have wrong version. That's because I have installed SP2 again on the server and the original CD is without any service pack.
I found the problem. The directory c:\program files\microsoft integration\microsoft server for small business should have setup.exe, which is used to add additional sbs components, is totally empty. Someone has deleted the entire folder. UPGRADE install from the CD didn't help to recreate that folder. Re-installing SP2 doesn't help either. I'm planning to copy that folder from another SBS server and try running setup.exe from that folder again.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)