General discussion

Installing netware 5.1 on hp4150

By carl.w.artis ·
During installation Netware 5.1 return this error after chosing adapter(i.e 3c589) and lan drivers: "The following driver instance failed to load and will be deleted: c:\nwupdate\3c589.lan slot+2 Frame=Ethernet_802.3 Name+3c589_1_1e83 (The Device supported by the driver may be disabled)" Please can anybody help me!!!!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dcassat In reply to Installing netware 5.1 on ...

I have only seen this when the driver was the incorrect one for the network card. Are you sure about the network card?

Collapse -

by carl.w.artis In reply to Installing netware 5.1 on ...

Yes, I am sure this is the correctly driver. I also have 3 other adapters which I have tried and get the same response.

Collapse -

by wcraigmiles In reply to Installing netware 5.1 on ...

The update directory is used when adding drivers or files to the server when doing an install. It is supposed to be deleted once the install is completed. Copy the files to another directory. When you reboot the server it should run correctly andwith the correct driver.

Compare the version of *.lan in the nwupdate directory and the one found in with the server files. They should be the same. If not, rename the old one and copy the newer to the server directory. If the server directoryis newer, you shouldn't need the file in the nwupdate directory and you should be done. You might have to edit the autoexec.ncf file if you are loading your drivers there. I highly recommend that you us nwconfig and move all setting there. It is much easier and provides an automated way of checking syntax and shold automatically load required drivers. Once you do that, down the server and restart it with and ctl-alt-del.

No matter what you should be able to backout of this if you write down this error code and then write down any changes you make.

Collapse -

The installment of Netware 5.1 will not continue until the lan driver for the pcmcia card is loaded. I have copied the driver that comes with the install disk to a floppy disk and I still get the same error.

Thank you for your response !!! But I am still stuck.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)