Question

Installing Office 2000 issues

By MsJess ·
I am trying to install Office 2000 SBE on a Vista laptop. Everything else works such as outlook, Excel and the office toolboar however Word will not work correctly. I have uninstalled and reininstalled it. I have tried to repair the installation to no avail. Word will open wit no toolbars or menu bars then I get a not responding and have to close out. Is there something that could possibly be missing from my machine? Oddly enough the reason for installing this version of Office is to have Word so that I can work from home. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Microsoft Update

by TheChas In reply to Installing Office 2000 is ...

I would start by running Microsoft update and specifically installing any Office 2000 or Word updates that are listed.

There may even be a Vista compatibility patch for Office 2000 that was not being installed.

If you own the retail copy of Office 2000, you might be eligible for upgrade pricing on Office 2007.

Another alternative is to try Open Office. After you install Open Office, just set the file format preferences to .doc and .xls so that your work will be stored in compatible formats for sharing.

Chas

Collapse -

Indeed!

by seanferd In reply to Microsoft Update

There was a service pack for Office 2000 <i>larger than the original install media</i> because 2000 needed so many fixes, including for the MS Installer. Get and install all updates, and try again, I'd think.

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)