General discussion

Installing Office 2000

By dkstanford ·
My Windows 98 machine has three profiles on it. One for myself, my wife and my son. When I installed Word 2000 from my startup profile, my wife and son both had access to it from their startup profiles. When I installes Office 2000 Pro from my profile, I had it uninstall the previous version of Word. I could use all the features of Office with no problem but my wife and son don't have access to any of it. They can't even access the word documents they created with the previous version of Word. I uninstalled Office and reinstalled it from the default profile but now, none of us can open our word documents from our own startup profile.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Installing Office 2000

by DKlippert In reply to Installing Office 2000

See if this helps. Type the Q number in the search box at www.microsoft.com/technet

Install Office on Windows Me, 9x with/Without Profiles

Q238122

Collapse -

Installing Office 2000

by dkstanford In reply to Installing Office 2000

Thanks for the reference

Collapse -

Installing Office 2000

by ASM In reply to Installing Office 2000

When Office 2k is installed on a profiled machine, it need to be installed on each profile. This can be quite a headache if there are several profiles.

You can verify this by logging into the default profile and trying word.

Something to try:disable profiling (restart), install Office 2k, then reactivate the profiles.
With any luck, everyone will have access to Word. (Another posibility is that only new profiles will be able to access it.)
If that doesn't work, install it on each profile.

Collapse -

Installing Office 2000

I had to disable profiles and reinstall Office 2000 but it worked.

Collapse -

Installing Office 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)