Question

intel extreme grapphics 82810 and vista

By barriga7 ·
how do i get my intel extreme graphics 82810 integrated system to work with windows vista and the full capacity of 64mb for the graphic board? so far only recconize as a vga with 8mb

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

You might need to do a few changes first....

There are two things to do,
1). Update your BIOS.
2). Make sure all of the updates for Vista is loaded.
Though the Bios will be my first bet here.
For better graphics though you might want to invest in a add on PCI graphic card for your computer.

Please post back if you have any more problems or questions.
If this information is useful, please mark as helpful. Thanks

Collapse -

I'd be more interested in your CPU and your RAM ...

by OldER Mycroft In reply to intel extreme grapphics 8 ...

I have a suspicion that if your graphics capability is 82810 integrated, your system is about 4 years old, with a slow CPU and, by today's standards, very little RAM - probably less than 512MB.

If you have managed to run Vista on this system, there may well not be any more system RAM available so 8MB VGA may be all you will ever get.

What is the full spec for your system?

Collapse -

Older than That

by willcomp In reply to I'd be more interested in ...

The i810 chipset is a PIII/Celeron chipset and goes back about 8 to 10 years. It also requires low density SDRAM and most mobos based on the i810 had a maximum capacity of 256MB RAM.

Unless questioner provided incorrect info, that old puppy won't handle Vista.

Collapse -

If this is a NB computer

by OH Smeg In reply to intel extreme grapphics 8 ...

The Intel Video Chip Set is used in conjunction with another and is only switched on to conserve Battery Power. This is a common arrangement under Vista on new Note Book Systems.

This Chip Set can be used with either NVidia or ATI Graphic Cards but you need to install Both Drivers to get the correct operation of the NB.

As for the 8 Meg capacity Limit that Vista is seeing you need to set this in the BIOS as this is Shared Memory and is a Hard Coded Instruction in BIOS as to how much RAM is used by the Video and how much is left for the rest of the system.

If this is a Desktop computer you need to load the Video Driver from the Makers Web Site this can be either a Separate Plug In Card in which case you'll need to visit the Video Card makers Web Site for a Vista Driver or it could be incorporated on the M'Board and you can get this driver from the M'Boards Makers Web Site for Vista if this is actually a Vista Compatible Device.

Vista Is Not compatible with a lot of Older Hardware so it can not be used to it's full potential if at all with Vista.

Col

Collapse -

as it is intergrated

by .Martin. In reply to intel extreme grapphics 8 ...

as it is an integrated graphics unit, it shares memory from the RAM. So the RAM is not wasted, the MB has a setting so that it will only use the amount of RAM needed, i.e., it may have the capacity of 64MB, but, the computer may only use 8MB until needed.

this setting can be changed on the bios, usually under the setting in chipset.

Collapse -

Get the final graphics driver - version PV6.7

by Jacky Howe In reply to intel extreme grapphics 8 ...

Sorry but you are out of luck and there is no mention of Vista.
<br>
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/#anchor6
<br><br>
<i>Keep us informed as to your progress if you require further assistance.</i>
<br><br>
<i>If you think that any of the posts that have been made by all TR Members, have solved or contributed to solving the problem, please Mark them as <b>Helpful</b> so that others may benefit from the outcome.
</i>

Collapse -

Having stated the above

by Jacky Howe In reply to Get the final graphics dr ...

I have just rememberd when I went to install Vista on an old Dell 340 I did the compatibility test and it picked up that I had an old 3COM nic. It suggested that I use the latest XP drivers which I did and it was happy to install them. No I haven't been drinking guiness I am running short on RAM. Try it it may work for you.
<br><br>
<i>Keep us informed as to your progress if you require further assistance.</i>
<br><br>
<i>If you think that any of the posts that have been made by all TR Members, have solved or contributed to solving the problem, please Mark them as <b>Helpful</b> so that others may benefit from the outcome.
</i>

Collapse -

Same problem is solved for 10 year old PC

by B*** In reply to intel extreme grapphics 8 ...

Use the Intel IEGD 5.1 utility to generate
the correct driver. Despite an error, install the driver manually. It is called '810E embedded graphics controller'. It works for Vista and Windows 7.

Let me know if you succeeded.