General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Intel Pro/Wireless 2200bg

by antuck ·

I have a client that just purchased a new Sony laptop with the Centrino Chip in it. It has the Intel Pro/wireless 2200bg card in it. The problem is the wireless connection intermintanly drops. What is really odd, is that the wireless connection shows it is disconnected, but I am still able to make an internet connection sometimes. Sometimes it will drop completely. When first booting up it always makes the connection, it is after about 5 min that it shows it has dropped.

I went to Sony’s web site and followed there instructions for intermintant dropping and the problem is still there.

I did a google search and I saw that this wireless card does have some issues with it.

Has anybody worked with this wireless adapter? Anybody had problems with intermintant dropped connections?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Intel Pro/Wireless 2200bg

by hozcanhan ·

In reply to Intel Pro/Wireless 2200bg

that hardware is faulty . either the driver or the program running the wifi chip has a debug . until sony has a total solution , disable the inherent wireless from the bios and/or the xp command center . buy or use a usb wireless card . this way you can also see if there is an interference or range problem too.

by antuck ·

In reply to Reply To: Intel Pro/Wireless 2200bg

Poster rated this answer.
        Thanks for the reply. I searched and seems more people are having issues with the 2200. I’m going to try a PC card and see what happens

by antuck ·

In reply to Intel Pro/Wireless 2200bg

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 1 reply thread