General discussion

Intel Pro/Wireless 2200bg

By antuck ·
I have a client that just purchased a new Sony laptop with the Centrino Chip in it. It has the Intel Pro/wireless 2200bg card in it. The problem is the wireless connection intermintanly drops. What is really odd, is that the wireless connection shows it is disconnected, but I am still able to make an internet connection sometimes. Sometimes it will drop completely. When first booting up it always makes the connection, it is after about 5 min that it shows it has dropped.

I went to Sony's web site and followed there instructions for intermintant dropping and the problem is still there.

I did a google search and I saw that this wireless card does have some issues with it.

Has anybody worked with this wireless adapter? Anybody had problems with intermintant dropped connections?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by hozcanhan In reply to Intel Pro/Wireless 2200bg

that hardware is faulty . either the driver or the program running the wifi chip has a debug . until sony has a total solution , disable the inherent wireless from the bios and/or the xp command center . buy or use a usb wireless card . this way you can also see if there is an interference or range problem too.

Collapse -

by antuck In reply to

Poster rated this answer.
Thanks for the reply. I searched and seems more people are having issues with the 2200. I'm going to try a PC card and see what happens

Collapse -

by antuck In reply to Intel Pro/Wireless 2200bg

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)