General discussion

intel740

By Shanghai Sam ·
I've installed Ulead Video studio 4.01 to enable me to make videos from my JVC grdvm5 digital camcorder via a firewire card.When I open the program and hit start,new project,select template an error message appears "connection to capture driver failure.Driver may be in use or has been moved" (under this) "Capture device was not detected" I'm running win 98se p2 450mmx 128mg ram 36gig free on hard drive.I've tried reinstalling the Intel 740 video card but nothing works.In device manager,displayadapter,"Intel740 win9x pv4.0 with video capture" is there and enabled. However in sound video and game controllers,"Gfx829,WDM video capture for intel740" appears.This has the exclamation mark on it and when I check properties it tells me there areno drivers installed How can I overcome this please.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

intel740

by TheChas In reply to intel740

You need to identify who mfg. the video card, and download updated drivers from them.

Intel does have reference drivers posted for the card, but I don't believe that they include the video capture system.

If you need help identifying who made the card, or their web address, check out www.driverguide.com

Alternately, as the Intel 740 is obsolete, I would replace the video card. I recommend either ATI or an Nvidia based card.

Back to Software Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums