General discussion

Internal error 2352

By duke ·
I have a PIII, 256Mb of Ram running Win98. I downloaded pfbackup.exe from MS web site to use with Outlook 2000 to do backups of the .pst files. I have installed it on three other machines with no problem. On this machine the install hangs and gives me "internal error 2352". I went in and thought I would do the repair from the Office 2000 CD. That also ended with the same error. I thought I would remove Outlook 2000 and reinstall, same error. It seems to me like the install shield could be the problem. Any idea's would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Gerry

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Internal error 2352

by Bill_H In reply to Internal error 2352

The following description is associated with "internal error 2352":

Couldn't initialize cabinet file server. The required file 'Cabinet.dll' may be missing.

See the MSDN article "Windows Installer Error Messages", which is located at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/msi/erro_89f7.htm

(If the above URL does not work, look for and remove any spaces inserted by the TechRepublic system...)

To resolve this issue, you may have to re-install the cabinet.dll file. This could be obtained from several sources, depending on your version of Win98, and Internet Explorer (if, of course, you're using IE...)

Go to the MSDN site (which is located at http://search.microsoft.com/us/dev/), and search for the string "cabinet.dll" - it should return approx. 8 links...there are several articles detailing where the file is contained in install files for Win98 and IE, as well as the article I cited at the beginning.

Hope this helps...

Collapse -

Internal error 2352

by duke In reply to Internal error 2352

Many thanks to Bill_H! I have not gotten the problems fixed yet but I have a direction to go in.
Thanks much!
Gerry

Collapse -

Internal error 2352

by duke In reply to Internal error 2352

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)