General discussion

INTERNET EXPLORER

By Tigger37 ·
I have a computer on the Network that is being used by several users. I only need one user to be able to access the Internet. I came across a workstation that required a user to enter a password when they load IE before they can browse. How do I achieve this on the Computer I am setting up.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

INTERNET EXPLORER

by maxwell edison In reply to INTERNET EXPLORER

Greetings,

Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools, go to Internet Options, go to Security, Highlight Internet, go to Custom Level, go down to Logon, Click on prompt for User Name and Password. Set accordingly.

Good Luck,

Maxwell

Collapse -

INTERNET EXPLORER

by Tigger37 In reply to INTERNET EXPLORER

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

INTERNET EXPLORER

by taanum In reply to INTERNET EXPLORER

You could use a firewall software to block any unauthorized user from gaining access to the internet. Only that one user with the appropriate credentials could penetrate through the firewall and browse.

Good Luck!
Tbone

Collapse -

INTERNET EXPLORER

All ready know about firewall. Was looking for something that didnt involve a lot of maintenance for few users

Collapse -

INTERNET EXPLORER

by scott In reply to INTERNET EXPLORER

If your users aren't extremly literate, the easy way would be create seperate User Names with Passwords, and on the ones you don't want to access IE, remove all IE shortcuts from their personalized start menu and desktops. I know it's not the most watertight option, but combined with a crafty hiding sport for the IE .exe file, it would be an easy fix...Good Luck...

Scott@Gullys.com

Collapse -

INTERNET EXPLORER

I thought about this and its good to see someone else thought about it too.

Collapse -

INTERNET EXPLORER

This question was closed by the author

Back to Security Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)